Wednesday 6 June 2012

 One of the coldest nearly summer days in history!
 Rain, rain in old Cheese city Alkmaar
 With my sister cruising in the 'Red Light'
district of Amsterdam
 a whole new city has been built in Amsterdam
 view from a roof cafe in Alkmaar
having a 'Suriname' lunch in Amsterdam at the famous 'Albert Cuyp' Market

The first part of the trip is in Holland, stay with my youngest brother Ber and my cousin Dirkje.
Typical Dutch weather with lots of rain, wind and beautiful cloudy sky's. I spent my time as much as
possible with my cousin Dirkje. She lost her mummy when she was 9. She is brave.
I met my dear friend Tine in Alkmaar, Tine visits New Zealand every year for a few months.
Then I saw my sister Monique since many years. So special that time just vanish as we picked it up our lives like it was yesterday. Great fun to be with her on the scooter. No need for helmets when you have one with a limit to 30kms! so cool.
Finally the sun appears today.
Tomorrow I have my flight to Turin/Italy. Will be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Hoe is het in Italie? Hopelijk een beetje meer zomer daar dan in NL :-)

    ReplyDelete