Sunday 22 July 2012

After my Art-class in Montecastello Di Vibio I booked myself in The Chocolate Hotel in Perugia/Umbria. Enjoyed 4 days of the Jazz-Festival. Musicians from all over the world were present like All Jarreau, wife and son of Bob Marley, Sting and many others.
Moments of reflection, lots of memories with turbulent feelings. Jan and I loved to go to festivals like this, 14th of July, Jan's birthday and the first time after 29 year without him.
From Perugia to Spoleto, another beautiful medieval city. Lucky because of the International Theatre festival there. Got a ticket for an American Ballet in the Roman Theatre. Have a look at the foot's and the movie I filmed the dance of an interpretation of Frank Sinatra's song "That's Life". Special for my friend Eamonn.
Via Booking.com I could book myself in lovely hotels/auberge's/guest houses. Last minute bookings with 50 to 70% reduction. That is great fun.
From Spoleto direction of Tuscany where I was overwhelmed with a new scenery in landscapes, nature and places.
It is not always easy to be a solo-traveler during holiday times and be conflated with families, friends traveling together. Most of the time I met other solo-travelers and couples. Like the couple from Masterton NZ. We shared a yummy lunch together.


my rental car: Fiat 500


My last stay in Italy was on the Riviera in San Remo, famous for its mild climate. THE place in the old days where the rich and famous gathered together. The ultimate Past Glory. In the Hotel 'Londra', where I stayed, was the favorite place for Charles Dickens, Frans List and royalty from the Russian court.
San Remo has little bays with private beaches, packed with sun beds and people. Unfortunately the water in the Mediterranea is not longer clean.

                                                    Market in Spoleto,


Street parade during Jazz-Fest in Umbria

the podium for the big concerts. Perugia

castle in Spoleto,

in the castle

a great entourage for having a party in the castle

the open air "Roman Theatre" 500BC. Ballet from the US

my stay for 3 days in Tuscany, great hosts and food

sunset in Tuscany

No comments:

Post a Comment