Wednesday 25 July 2012

driving to the north of Italy


Families,  of all colors and background live in the old town of San Remo
here the kids play football with the tourist in the background enjoying their capucinno or campari

One more city to visit and that was Sienna, famous for its colors, think of 'Burnt Siena'. I drove up as far as possible to come as close as possible towards the Old Town, it was hot that day, around 38 Celcius. Better to park my little black car in a parking garage. Driving round and round searching for a place and all of a sudden there was that big Audi coming from below, but from the right and bumped in my car. What a shock that was. The driver was in a hurry and his english was not that good. He overwhelmed me with words and assured me that it was absolutely not a good idea to call for the police. He took photo's from both cars, and assured me that he would contact the car-company. Ooohh how grateful was I that I had a full insurance! I will never do without
.
From Umbria and Tuscany I drove North along the coast of the Adriatic Sea. Drove through gorgeous beach places and had 2 more stops. Great fun to book hotels with 'booking.com'. Last minute bookings in multiple stars-hotels with 50-70% reduction!

I had to drop my car in San Remo, where I stayed 5 more days. Hereby a photo impression of this beautiful city.
One incident I need to write about. I had ordered my dinner when 2 Chinese ladies entered the restaurant. They got the menu and apparently not understanding the language, one of them looked around to the dishes of the dining people. She saw my dish and came to have a look, she knocked her head, looked to another table with a pizza and pointed to the waitress that she wanted to order that too.

After I finished my meal, she made me clear to come and join them at their table. Their food was put on the table. The other woman, who held her simple bag tight on her lap, zipped it open and took her chop-sticks. How to eat a pizza with chop-sticks? she looked, watched me and started laughing, she could hardly stop. We had a lovely conversation with hands and expressions. It was a story about life and human tragedy. One lady married and got pregnant, it was a baby-girl. The husband very disappointed, he filled the baby. Not long after that she decided to leave him. Never ever another marriage or child. The other woman had only one child, also a girl, who live in Lyon-France. That was the reason for their trip, so she could visit her only child after many, many years. the daughter is pregnant and her mm will not see the new-born for a long time. Wow......they admired me for having 3 children. That's life too

picturesque old town of San Remo

after climbing many, many stairs I arrived at the top of the old time overlooking the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment